Friday 2 November 2012

Three PDP Members Behind My Wife’s Ordeal –Ajimobi

Ajimobi


Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State on Thursday alleged that three Peoples Democratic Party members from his state were behind the recent false reports about his wife, Florence.
There were reports on Tuesday that the governor’s wife was arrested in London by the Metropolitan Police for allegedly being in possession of $400,000 (N100m).
The governor’s wife has since returned to the country, saying she was never arrested.
Speaking with State House correspondents in Abuja, Ajimobi alleged that those behind the information were those who lost out during the last general elections.
Ajimobi contested the last governorship election against the candidate of the PDP, Chief Christopher Alao-Akala; and that of the Accord Party, Senator Rashidi Ladoja.
He said, “We know those behind it (the false information). In fact, they are the political jobbers who lost out in the last election.
“Three of them are from PDP. They are never-do-well; they have never achieved anything in their lives. They are coming back with the old system of maligning people.
“People like us; we have built our reputation over the years. I didn’t come from nowhere; I worked with the oil industry. I didn’t work with ‘Awero Enterprises’, I worked in National Oil and Shell. I was Managing Director of National Oil, MD of Shell STSL in Togo. I have made my name.
“And when you are doing well as a politician, you see some mischief makers who would want to pull you down, who would like to concoct stories like this particular one.”
Ajimobi described the report as malicious and wicked news targeted at him.
He vowed that he would stop at nothing to seek redress.
He added “I will make sure I stop people from doing this kind of thing which is damaging our reputation.”
He wondered whether it was reasonable for somebody to be carrying such amount of money around in the modern age.

No comments:

Post a Comment