Wednesday 17 October 2012

I Can’t Dump PDP, Says Akala

Alao Akala


Former Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has described as wicked the rumour being peddled that he wanted to dump Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for another party.
The party has been enmeshed in leadership crises with each faction claiming recognition by the national secretariat of the party.
Though, Akala enjoys loyalty of many followers being the former governor, some chieftains of the party like Elder Wole Oyelese and others kicked against him being the leader of the party in the state.
Describing those peddling the rumour as political prostitutes, the Ogbomoso-born ex-governor wondered why on earth he would dump a party that had made him what he is today.
While speaking with newsmen, Alao-Akala denied nursing any ambition to leave the party.
He said, “I am even surprised that you are raising such an issue with me when you all know that I am a sworn member of the PDP and nothing will make to leave the party.”
Wondering about the origin of the rumour he asked,  “why would I want to leave PDP?” According to him, there is no election at hand in which he is  involved in directly or indirectly. “Even at that I will never leave PDP. Those behind the rumours are, perhaps, afraid of me”, he said.
He stressed that the perceived political foes who peddled the rumour might be afraid of him that being in the same party with them could be a continued injury to their interests.
“I state unequivocally that the rumour is wicked and malicious being peddled by idle minds. I am not leaving the PDP,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment